Wilmington Couponers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hi y'all! How y'all doing?

2 posters

Go down

Hi y'all!  How y'all doing? Empty Hi y'all! How y'all doing?

Post by thebludragonfly Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:29 am

(Sorry Anna! I stole your format! Very Happy )

Name: Shari

Favorite Store(s): Food Lion (because it's 20 miles to anything else), Lowes, Harris Teeter, CVS

Coupon Experience: about 30 yrs

Weekly/Monthly Shopping Budget: $500/Month

How I Got Started Couponing: I used to use coupons as a teenager! My cousin Lisa and I would have been called "Extreme Couponers" when we still had a Kroger's in town (I SO miss them and Triple Coupon Thursdays at 3:00 am)

About Me: I'm a native single cougar (hahaha!) of 2 teenage boys (19 and 16), former keyboard jockey, and avid mountain lover (I go as often as I can)! In addition to feeding and housing my boys I also care for my mother with Alzheimer's, 2 cats (gorgeous tuxedo tabbies) and 2 dogs (a husky and a dashund). What a mix, huh? On top of that, I was working 80-120 hr weeks with my previous job. SUPERWOMAN! Yep, that was me. cheers Until, chronic migraines put me completely out of work. Staring at a computer for more than 20-30 mins at a time is like staring at the sun. Except, once that fuzzy darkness passes, I get looking thru a glass of water at bright lights. Once meds are ingested, injected, inhaled I retreat to "the cave" of total darkness and earplugs for the next few days. pale Today has been a good day! Yea!

How do I manage to still care for my houseful, you may wonder? I cook, clean, cook, do laundry, cook, grocery shop, errand run, and, oh, did I mention cook on my good days. Fixing up a bunch of meals ahead of time and freezing them makes it easy for the boys to heat something up and make sure my mother eats too. The boys can cook too, but they are boys and when they aren't schooling/working, they'd rather be skateboarding or surfing.

My couponing hasn't been as extreme for the last 10 yrs with me working so many hours. I never had time to plan it all out like I used to. Now, I can sit down with paper, pen, coupons, and sales papers to plan and never really have to look at a computer screen. So, I'm starting to get into the swing of things again. And it feels good!!! [/color][/color]

thebludragonfly

https://www.facebook.com/thebludragonfly

Back to top Go down

Hi y'all!  How y'all doing? Empty Re: Hi y'all! How y'all doing?

Post by majorcouponing Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:00 am

Haha funny you mentioned the format, we kinda used others and made it up as I was cooking myself Laughing

That's very admirable how you've kicked so much butt! Very cool about your mom too! You must be one tough cookie! Shame you live so far out! I remember how BAD it was living in hampstead affraid . Did you get any of the cat coupons from last weeks star news I think it was? We don't need them and they're yours if you want. Do you have a fb btw? Feel free to pm me the link. Oh you just reminded me to go post a deal in food lion for you so check that out! Tomorrow I am to post up a google list of my coupons I don't want so if you got some you don't need let me know! Glad to see you posting, keep it up! Be careful after the cougar line, I have some guy friends that will be joining up tongue

majorcouponing
Admin

https://wilmingtoncouponers.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by thebludragonfly Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:20 am

LOL! I do have limits on that! Hehehe!

And thank you for the compliments! It's been hard and very tough at times, but at least I have a sense of humor enough to laugh and make fun of it. I've learned that you have to roll with the punches and NEVER ask "What's next?", because you'll definitely find out. LOL!

I think I've got the cat treat Qs from last week, but I don't remember anything else. And let me tell you, I'm stocked on kitty litter! I ordered some Tidy Cat Qs on ebay last month. Got 10 $1 off Qs for $1 and caught it on sale at FL for 2/$9. With the Qs and getting the 20lb bags, 40lbs of litter was $7. 200 lbs of litter was $35! LOL!

I'll be on the look out for your posts and my FB is on its way PM to you.

I'm turning in for tonight. Have a good night! And don't stay up too much later! tongue

thebludragonfly

https://www.facebook.com/thebludragonfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum