Wilmington Couponers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Extreme Couponing Fraud --Beware-- Possible Future Changes for Couponing

2 posters

Go down

Extreme Couponing Fraud --Beware-- Possible Future Changes for Couponing Empty Extreme Couponing Fraud --Beware-- Possible Future Changes for Couponing

Post by thebludragonfly Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:56 am

Hi all,

Was just reading some interesting articles. At least one of the women on the Extreme Couponing show is being accused by several sources of fraud and this is going to cause some possible future changes in couponing. We all know, or at least I hope we do, that the hauls that are pulled off on that show are not how the real world works, not to mention, it's ridiculous. Especially, in this area. Most stores will NOT allow overages. If the coupon is more than the product you 99.9% of the time will only receive discount for what that store charges for the product. Most stores also limit the number of Qs you can use per shopping visit, and not just per transaction. Most stores limit the number of each Q that you can use per shopping visit. Also, keep in mind that not only are the "couponers" featured on that show getting paid, but the stores they frequent are also getting money from the production to override and allow these "extreme" hauls.

Here's an article discussing possible changes:

Change coming for Coupon “buying”?
Change coming for Coupon "buying"?

Here's discussion of the woman accused of fraud:

Extreme Couponing “Star” Admits To Committing Coupon Fraud!
Extreme Couponing "Star" Admits to Committing Coupon Fraud!

Reading these articles and the opinions posted, I'm even more disgusted with the show (no offense David). After BUYING 2 newspapers this past Sunday and only having the Target and Best Buy sale papers in them, then going to 4 other locations only to find all the newpapers had been bought out or ALL of the ones left had already had the inserts STOLEN out of them, I am highly disappointed in humanity! And then the crowd I saw at a recycling center digging thru the newspaper bin. Granted, I've done some dumpster diving in my time, but that's just it, in my time, throughout my life. Not because some show that is highly misleading started a craze.

Don't do something just because it's a fad. Dear Lord! Do it because you want to save money on what you buy already, not because you have a coupon for it and "it'll taste just as good because it was free". Please! Be honest with yourself. And don't be greedy about it! There are other people out there that are on food stamps and trying to stretch that little bit as far as they can. And remember, EVERYTHING goes bad over time (unless you're stocking up on MREs --those things will last forever and will forever taste awful). Taking up every inch of space you have to hoard items that will go bad before you can rotate all of it is more wasteful than not using a coupon to start with.

Just be diligent, but respectful of others when collecting your Qs. And, for Pete's sake, don't steal! Taking the inserts out of newspapers you have not paid for is theft and can be seen as destruction of property. Not to mention, if it's reported, that particular location could lose their privilege of selling newspapers. Also, keep in mind, the more people tear up the newpapers to take the inserts, one of the future changes in couponing could be that it all goes digital. We all know that most of the IPs can only be printed once. You can have Qs added to your loyalty cards to be takien off at the register, but you can only do one of each Q. They will find a way to limit the use of Qs.

Just some food for thought...fact is IPs already exist. You can get more IPs for products that you like just by "like"ing a Facebook sight than what's been showing up in the inserts or mags. You can already have Qs added to your loyalty cards. Heck, I even have them on my phone now too. We are, more and more, becoming a paperless society. Nearly all newspapers and mags are online to read and subscribe to. It's a fact newspaper sales have plummeted in the last few years. So, why not make all coupons paperless and more controlled?

thebludragonfly

https://www.facebook.com/thebludragonfly

Back to top Go down

Extreme Couponing Fraud --Beware-- Possible Future Changes for Couponing Empty Re: Extreme Couponing Fraud --Beware-- Possible Future Changes for Couponing

Post by majorcouponing Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:07 am

WOW!! I didn't hear about this one. I have to admit though, a billion dollar industry who likely cheat on taxes often, going after someone for couponing is a little much. Not to say shes right at all, but what I don't get is if they print out "x" amount of coupons why do they care who uses them? Misusing them I can see, but if you're clearing shelves to donate to disaster charities for a show, then I can see it. The whole ebay lawsuit that's rumored seems to be too much. There are alot of regions that have crappy coupons often!

majorcouponing
Admin

https://wilmingtoncouponers.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Extreme Couponing Fraud --Beware-- Possible Future Changes for Couponing Empty Re: Extreme Couponing Fraud --Beware-- Possible Future Changes for Couponing

Post by thebludragonfly Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:27 am

I agree with some of what you're saying, but did you know that a lot of charities do better with donated dollars? They can then get huge discounts on buying products in bulk from the companies and a lot of times it is even donated by the company (tax write-off). Instead of spending all the time and effort collecting and using coupons, why not just ask for a donation first. Much better than coupon deals. It's a good effort to donate to charity, but if they are going about obtaining the products by stealing inserts and fraudulently using coupons, then they are only creating a bigger problem and not solving anything. Robin Hood was still a theif. LOL! tongue

And if they know they are going to donate it to a charity, then why clear off a shelf at all when they can request it to be ordered by the store? Clearing off of shelves is only a sign of greediness and inconsideration for others (other customers, the stockers, etc.) Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. The Golden Rule still works if people would use it. Wink

thebludragonfly

Back to top Go down

Post by majorcouponing Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:02 am

No I wasn't aware of that, but that makes tons of sense. It also gets me going to know every ahole cashier I deal with is because of customers like them. I ALWAYS make sure I call ahead, that our coupons are ready at checkout and so on....and I still have some VERY rude people. Give some people an inch...

You should go on the show and show the REAL couponing and save our grace haha Smile

majorcouponing
Admin

https://wilmingtoncouponers.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by thebludragonfly Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:15 pm

There are others out there that can do that. Ha! I've only been comfortable on stage or camera dancing. And that's been a few years ago. LOL! lol!

thebludragonfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down